Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas

This was the first year we had Christmas with just our little family. We were hoping to do lot's of fun activities with our kids leading up to Christmas but, unfortunately, they both got the flu. Makenzie was feeling much better by Christmas Eve but poor Henry was just getting a taste of what was to come by then.
These are my attempted Holliday photo's but Henry wasn't very interested in smiling... or even looking at me for that matter.

But they still look pretty cute :)



Makenzie had been asking if we could see Santa for the last few days but, since she had been sick, I didn't think it was a good idea to take her out. On Christmas Eve I researched several places trying to find a Santa to take Kenzie to but it turns out he is quite busy on Christmas Eve preparing for his big night and that is what I had to tell Kenzie when she asked to see him again that day. We decided to go see the Christmas lights at the temple that night instead and as we were getting out of the car, low and behold: Santa came driving in the parking garage with lovely Mrs. Clause! We were at his car before he even had time to get out and he opened the door ho-ho-hoing and being the wonderful jolly old man that we all know Santa to be. He gave our kids candy canes and asked if we'd like to take a picture with them which we so gratefully took them up on. It truly was a Christmas miracle! 

The lights at Temple Square were so beautiful! We had such a fun time looking at them.

And what could make the night even better? We absolutely love the bagpipes!

All ready for Christmas morning!


Kenzie tells me she needs sunglasses every time we get in the car so I have been wanting to get her some for months. I seriously looked everywhere for kid sunglasses and had no luck. I was about to give up at Target when I decided to look through a pile of little girl stuff thrown into a pile and there they were! The only pair of little girl glasses in the whole store! AND they were Minnie Mouse glasses! It was such a sweet little blessing!

Star Wars pancake molds! I'm not sure where my mom finds awesome stuff like this but we have been having a blast with these molds :)








We got our first snow of the season on Christmas morning!

Of course we had to go play in it. I sure love the snow!


Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments: