Our little Kenzie girl cracks us up all of the time with the funny things she says. How I love her and am thankful for her fun little spirit.
"My belly hurts... We better play with bubbles."
"My Jesus loves me to pee in the potty."
"We could make brownies? That would be good... wouldn't it, Mommy?"
"Arthur (my parents dog) is so handsome! Just like my daddy!"
My niece, Lily, was baptized in March and we went to Idaho to be there for the special day. When it was time for Lily to enter into the baptismal font, Makenzie and the other smaller children went up to the glass so they could get a closer look. After the prayer had been said and Lily came up from the water, Makenzie shouted in excitement "My turn!"
While we were in the car, Makenzie said "I'll trade you some pixie dust for a cracker." How could I resist such an offer?! I handed her a cracker, held out my hand and said "Can I have some pixie dust now?" She said
"Ya!" and reached under her bum in her car seat. She had her fingers pinched together when her hand submerged and she sprinkled some tiny crumbs into my hand. "There you go!"
Makenzie was "reading" a book aloud the other day and said "Behold the spirit God of Jesus Christ amen." It makes me pretty happy that she pretends to read scriptures... even if it doesn't make much sense yet :)
A couple of nights ago, Makenzie came into my room whining.
"What's wrong, Makenzie?" I asked. More whining. "Makenzie, why are you crying?"
"I'm sorry," she whimpered pathetically.
"Why are you sorry, Kenz? What's the matter? Did you pee in your bed?" Distressed, she replied
"I'm sorry, Mom. I don't know what I was thinking."
I thought her answer was so cute that I wasn't even irritated that I had to change a pee-pee soaked little girl and bed. I love that girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment