Emma left us on Sunday to live in Idaho (with Katie and her family) for the school year. Not passing up the chance to spend a couple more days with her, Shane, Kenzie, and I made a trip to Independence last weekend. We had a really nice time staying up late playing cards, watching Lord of the Rings, and swimming at the Lone Pine pool. I am going to miss Emma so much. She is such a good sister and friend. I love spending time with her. And what a wonderful auntie she is too! Makenzie just loves her. Who wouldn't love an auntie who loves to play with her nieces so much? Now I have to stop being selfish and give the other nieces the opportunity to spend time with Emma. I miss her so much already and I can't wait until the school year is over!
 |
| Our little cuddle-bug. Kenzie really like's snuggling with Andrew. It's so cute! |
 |
| Every time Emma played the piano, Kenzie was quick to join her with Kenzie's own beautiful harmony. Emma, of course, was so good to her and (in the middle of her practise session) would pick Kenzie up and let her play with her. |
 |
| I guess playing the piano can be quite exhausting. |
 |
| Emma even managed to continue playing songs with Makenzie right there in the middle pounding on the keys. She is such a talented girl! |
 |
| Andrew has a bow tag for a deer this season. He went out Saturday morning but had no luck. I'm sure he'll get one before the end of the season. |
 |
| The handsome hunter. |
 |
| On our way home from the pool there were beautiful sunbeams shining on the valley. Shane took this beautiful picture. |
 |
| We all went to church in Mammoth on Sunday. Dad was assigned to speak at their branch so we joined him in the beautiful mountains. We had a picnic at the park afterwards. |
 |
| We are a happy family! |
 |
| After our picnic, Emma and Mom headed for Idaho and the rest of us made our way back to Independence. |
 |
| Saying good-bye was very hard... |
 |
| And many tears were shed. |
 |
| Mom and Dad's house is going to feel much different next time we go to visit. Emma, you are going to be sorely missed. We love you and miss you so much! |
2 comments:
Geri! I love your family so much! And I think going to Idaho will be a great and fun experience for Emma! It also means I'll get to see her more when I go back to school :) Also, the picture you have with everyone in it seriously looks like it should be in a magazine!
Awww, Thanks Kay. I think that Emma will have a very nice time in Idaho. Give her a big hug and kiss for me when you get there:)
Post a Comment