Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Country Roads

Makenzie and I went to Independence a couple weeks ago to watch Emma show her turkey's and lamb for FFA. It was so fun and Emma did such a good job!
Emma and Briana

Ethan showing his lamb


I love Bishop, CA!

I had to take a picture of these cute pigs cuddling together.



Purple mountains majesty! The sunset was so beautiful that night and it gave the mountains the most stunning shade of purple. I wish I could have captured the color better.

Emma showing her lamb


Emma's lamb gave her a really hard time. It jumped all over but Emma did a great job of keeping calm and regaining control over her lamb each time. Out of 15 people, Emma got 2nd place for her lamb and 5th place for showmanship even thought. The judge said he would have placed her in the top three if her lamb hadn't been so jumpy. He was very complementive on her showmanship skills. Go Emma!


Some kids were practising their roping skills in between shows.

This little boy was so cute and was an exceptional roper.



This is Emma's friend, Jacob. He is a true blue cowboy.


Kenzie waving :)

Shane came up Friday night and we had a little birthday celebration for him on Saturday. He is 26 now.

1 comment:

tHe WiLsOn fAmiLy said...

Cute cute pictures:) Kenzie is so beautiful! Just like her mamma! I love your hair Geri!