Sunday, April 20, 2014

Henry is One

  I can't believe that an entire year has passed by since I gave birth to my sweet son, Henry. Yet, it seems like a lifetime ago that we lived in that one bedroom apartment in Castaic, the one we brought Henry home to. What joy this little boy has filled our lives with ever since.
  Though he can certainly be a cranky little boy, Henry has one of the sweetest depositions of any baby I have ever known. His smile is the sweetest I have ever seen, and his laugh! His laugh brings tears of happiness to my eyes almost every time I hear it, which is actually quite often.
  Henry loves to be pulled in a wagon, pushed in a stroller, and he especially loves to be swayed in a swing. He also loves to play on our bed. He tosses his little body backward and forward and thinks it is the greatest thing.
  Like most 1-year olds, he loves to pull out tissue paper and wipes from their packages every chance he gets, he loves to play with cords, and he LOVES to play in the toilet. We absolutely HAVE to keep the door to the bathroom closed or else he will be there in the flash of an eye. Every time he even hears the bathroom door open, he guns for it. If there was such thing as a sprinting crawl, that's how fast he would fire towards that bathroom.
  Every morning and after every afternoon nap when Henry wakes up, he is filled with delight when I enter the room. I pick him up and he gives me the most loving and adoring hugs before he is ready to be let down to play on the ground.
  Henry is still crawling but he can stand up on his own for quite a while before he will loose balance (or just the will to stand). So far he has taken two steps on his own and doesn't seem very interested in trying to take any more than that. He is quite content crawling, and that's okay with me... for now :) However, he does NOT like his bare knees to touch the ground. If he has shorts on or if he is on an unfamiliar textured ground, he will lift his bum in the air (so his knees are not on the ground) and walk with his hands and feet, much like Mowgli from The Jungle Book.
  His favorite foods are applesauce and macaroni and cheese. He has 14 teeth now and he weighs 23 pounds.
  I love this boy more than words could ever say! I am so thankful for the blessing he has been to our lives!
  P.S. Get ready for picture overload!

 












 








 





 




2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! So many things to say about this post. First 14 teeth?!!! Does he have any left to get?! I love that Jack-in-the-Box toy, it looks so cool. Plus, how did you get him to keep the party hat on? So adorable. And the outdoor pictures are great. The one where he is crying is priceless. Happy Birthday Henry!

Megan said...

Oh my goodness, he is one CUTE little boy. That smile melts my heart! Can't believe he's a year old already.