One year ago, my life was blessed in the most wonderful way of all: I became a mother. Never have I known such love and such joy as that which this precious baby girl has brought to my life. This last year has definitely been the best year of my entire life. And I know it will only get better from here.
Makenzie is the sweetest little girl I could hope for. She loves to rest her head on Shane and me. If I am lying down she'll crawl to me and lay her sweet little head right on top of mine or she'll lay it on my tummy. Whenever I bring Makenzie to our bed in the morning, she goes right for Shane as soon as she is done nursing. She crawls up to him and lays her head on top of his, sits up and smiles, then does it again. She also loves to lay her head on anything that looks soft: blankets, pillows, the couch, the ottoman, laundry:) She and I were in the mothers room at church a few weeks ago and I put her on the floor with a couple other babies. One of the babies was lying on her stomach and Kenzie crawled to her and lay her head right on top of that baby's back. Makenzie had a huge smile on her face and was completely content there, even when the baby started kicking and crying.
Makenzie is also a very sharing girl. She loves to share her food and toys with Daddy and me and always has a big grin on her face as she offers us her half-eaten goldfish.
She loves to dance. Every time she hears music she will rock back and forth looking at me and Shane then back to wherever the music is coming from with a huge smile or her face which seems to say "Do you hear this beautiful sound that I'm hearing right now?!" Sometimes she will wave her hand or both hands to the melody as if she is conducting the music.
I love it when Makenzie plays with my hair and her own hair when she nurses. She is (almost) always so sweet and soft as she fingers pieces of my hair.
Makenzie knows how to be nice. Whenever she starts getting a little too rough with one of us we'll say "Makenzie, be nice," and automatically she will so softly and kindly pet whoever's face she had offended. And then, almost every time, will grab that persons nose really hard. I'm not sure how to get her to stop doing that yet...
Kenzie loves to open and close doors, but she especially loves to close them...which often results in her locking herself in my room or in the bathroom.
She also gives "loves bonks" which involves her lovingly (and sometimes not so lovingly) bumping her head to yours. And she gives to cutest wide-open-mouth kisses too.
Oh how I love this little Angel!!!
Happy Birthday, my most precious baby girl! How you are loved!







4 comments:
She is SO beautiful, Geri! I can't believe she is a year old already, too! Where has the time gone? She really is such a sweet little girl, just like her mama. I hope she and Ava can be good buddies growing up together!
Another special little Klenk. Even from afar I adore her. Hope one day we will all get to meet.
Love, Aunt Debbie
I can not believe she is one! She is so beautiful Geri! Love the pictures:)
OH MY GOSH! I can't believe it either. I loved this post and I LOVE HER! Apparently I haven't seen pictures of her in a long time because LOOK AT HER TEETH! She is such a big girl!!
Post a Comment