Sunday, October 30, 2016

April Birthdays

  April was a big birthday month for us. Molly turned two on the 12th and Henry turned three on the 16th.
  Molly has been my sweet little angel ever since she came to this world. Even though she wasn't doing all these things by her one-year birthday, I will tell you about all that she is doing right now. Molly started walking really well at about 14 months. Shane and I love to watch her uncoordinated wobble-walk all around our home and playground. She loves to ride on our bouncing rocking horse. She will bounce and bounce and bounce and  the joy in that tiny body is uncontainable. I could watch her bounce for hours, it is just the cutest thing. She adores going outside to play. She brings me her shoes and squawks and squeals until I finally concede. She then shuffles and squawks her way to the door, pointing at it until I open it. She also loves to wear any other shoes she can find, no matter how big or small.
  She is incredibly aware of all that goes on around her. She looks me in the eyes and talks to me like I can understand every word she is saying. Whenever one of the other kids offend her somehow, she points at them and defensively babbles to me, telling me what they did and why it was okay for her to hit them. She is so entertaining.
  Molly is usually a pretty good eater but has definitely been getting more picky. She goes absolutely crazy over any kind of junk food but thankfully she, like my other children, LOVES oatmeal. So at least we start out the day with something nutritious. Molly, say's "please," a Molly version of "thank you," "all done," "shoe," "let me see," and a couple other things I cant think of right now. Her "please" sounds more like "cheese" and it melts Shane's and my heart every time. Molly's personality has really started coming out in the last few months and she is a feisty one! I guess you have to be when you have two older siblings, but this little girl is DEFENSIVE. She can definitely hold her own when someone is in her territory or trying to take something away. She also has an intense glare that she has been dropping on us, sometimes when she isn't even mad. I think that her furrowed eyebrows are quite adorable. Besides that, she is practically an angel :)
  In the last couple of months, Molly has started to LOVE stuffed animals. She wraps them up in blankets, give them kisses and HAS to have at least one when she goes to bed. If I forget to give her an animal, she will immediately pop up from her bed, point out and start jabbering. As soon as I get back to her with an animal, she laughs with joy and promptly falls down to her bed cuddling her animal. It is quite heartwarming. There is an animal glued to her arm almost all day long.

  Henry is my boy. He loves all things boy and sometimes some pretty girly things too (he loves to play with Kenzie's dress-up's). He loves trains, cars, legos and planes and it is so fun to watch him use his imagination as he plays with them. Lately, Henry has been making "houses." This consists of taking every little thing he can find and piling them on top of each other into a big messy mound. Although it is so sweet when he says "Look, Mom! I build a house!" it kind of drives me crazy, especially when it is time to clean it up and he starts yelling and crying that I am ruining his house.
  He also loves to play outside and is still pretty independent as he does so. His favorite things to do outside are riding his tricycle, filling up his dump truck, and playing in the sand box (another of my least favorite pastimes of his). Henry has been speaking so much better for the last 5 months or so. He can communicate most things now and it has been so refreshing for all of us.
  Lately, Henry has been saying "pob-a-lee" (probably) and "akshlee" (actually) a lot. He doesn't always use them in the right context but it is every bit as adorable. Oh, and his insults are the best! I just had to put him in timeout and he yelled at me "Go to work! I want you to go to work right now!" (sweet Kenzie is saying "No, mom! Don't listen to him! Please don't go to work!") He has also yelled at me "You   Are   A   Boy!" You   Are   A   Guy!" and "You    Are   A   Egg!" Always with the dramatic pauses between each word, too! I have to try so hard not to smile or laugh when he says things like that.
  Henry finally started potty training this week! I have tried and tried and tried to potty train this boy but he has wanted nothing to do with the toilet until last week. I am beyond thrilled and he has only had two accidents so far. Though Henry has his stubborn moments, he can be the sweetest, most loving child. I sure love him!


Here are the pictures I took of them way back in April. Most of the pictures I took, along with my favorites, were somehow magically erased. But here are a few good ones too :)




































 

No comments: