Makenzie is still the sweetest little girl to ever roam this world. HOW I love her! She is such a wonderful big sister and is always helping me care for her siblings. Whenever Molly cries, Makenzie jumps up, runs to Molly, and makes her laugh within seconds of arriving. Though she and Henry do there share of fighting, Makenzie is very protective of her brother when others are bullying him. It's pretty sweet. She still loves to sing and even tried to harmonize with me when I sing to her. My heart swells with joy at the fact that she shares such a love of music with me. Oh! And did I mention that she goes to school, too?! I can't believe this little girl is FOUR years old! On her birthday she asked me
"Am I still little?"
"You'll always be my little girl."
"But I'm not little today: I'm four!"
"I know! I can't believe it!"
Sympathetically, she replied "I'm sorry, Mom, but when I'm four, I just have to be four."
Yes, yes you do, and I hope you enjoy every second of being four. I know I will! How extraordinarily grateful I am for this ray of sunshine!
 |
| First day of school! |
Makenzie helped me make birthday cupcakes and she put the batter in the muffin tin completely by herself. I was so impressed at the neat job she did!
 |
| Henry tested a cupcake for us. |
 |
| ...and really wanted to test one more. |
 |
| I put some frosting in baggies for Makenzie to squeeze onto the cupcakes. She is such an artist! I helped with a few too :) |
 |
| She asked for a pony cake for her birthday :) |
 |
She handed Henry a present and said "Here Henry, you can open one too." It melted my heart!
When we checked the mail together, she had received a letter in the mail from Great Grandma and Grandpa Klenk. As she opened it she exclaimed "Everyone is so nice to me!" |
 |
| Makenzie was soooo excited to get a bike for her birthday form Grammy and Grandpa Klenk. I brought another gift outside for her to open with her bike. When she opened it to find a helmet, she so sweetly said "I KNEW you would get this for me!" I asked her what she thought about it (Shane really struggled picking out the perfect helmet for her) and she responded "It's per-fect!" Then her little friend came up to her and asked to ride her new bike. Makenzie said "Of course you can!" Ohhhhh, what a proud mama I am! I just love her to pieces!!!! |
And here is her birthday photo shoot:
2 comments:
What a sweet little angel! Can't believe she's four, because that means my Ava is not far behind!
Thanks Megan:) I think about our time in Castaic all the time. I can't believe Ava will soon be four, too! I sure miss you and your sweet family!
Post a Comment