Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Elder Andrew Howe

Today we woke up at 4:30 am to take Andrew to the airport. He flew to the Missionary Training Center in Salt Lake City and in six weeks, he will fly to Santiago, Chili, where he will serve a 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are all so proud of Andrew and are so thankful for the wonderful blessing he is in each of our lives. I am so excited for all those lucky people who, too, will be blessed by Andrew's testimony, his tender heart, and is love for the gospel.
 Kenzie LOVES her Uncle Andrew and would rather go to him than anyone else if he is in the room. She even goes to him over her own mommy. She is going to miss him so much.

At the Burbank airport.





What a handsome missionary.




Saying goodbye.

I can't believe it will be two years before I see my little brother again. I am going to miss him so much!

After lot's of tears were shed we were welcomed  to the day with a beautiful sunrise, a tender mercy from Heaven.

Makenzie finally realized that Andrew wasn't coming back home with us.

Daddy's face is priceless!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think I might have told you this, but Josh served in Santiago too! What a huge blessing for your family to have a missionary out. You learn so much from their emails and the experiences they share with you... even if you miss them tremendously.